|By Aria Blog||
|October 11, 2014 06:00 PM EDT||
Monetization – As Interesting as It Sounds?
Monetization. Monetize. Great sounding words. Is it just pricing or something more?
Merriam-Webster defines monetize as “to coin into legal tender,” or “to purchase debt and thereby free for other uses moneys that would have been devoted to debt service,” or “to utilize (something of value) as a source of profit.”
Wikipedia defines monetization as “the process of converting or establishing something into legal tender.”
All these definitions indicate that monetization is more than pricing, although pricing is definitely involved. Monetization is a process that includes defining an offering, establishing a price, and having customers pay money for the offering. I like it.
So what would a monetization model look like? One-time sales? Subscriptions? Usage? All of these? What do you think?
- Internet of Things, Another Silicon Valley Invention? | @ThingsExpo [#IoT]
- @ThingsExpo | Google and Samsung Lead IoT Land Rush [by @AriaSystemsInc]
- The Compelling Driver for the 'Internet of Things'
- Recurring Revenue Still Flying High By @AriaSystemsInc | @CloudExpo
- Internet of Things Monetization By @AriaSystemsInc | @Thingsxpo [#IoT]
- @CloudExpo | How the #Cloud Fulfills the Best-of-Breed Dream (Part 2)
- Cloud Fulfills the Best-of-Breed Dream
- @ThingsExpo | 'Internet of Things' (#IoT) and Our Homes in 2025 [@AriaSystemsInc]
- Bain Capital Ventures Prediction 'Ranking' By @AriaSystemsInc | @CloudExpo [#Cloud]
- Internet of Things Trends to Watch By @AriaSystemsInc | @ThingsExpo [#IoT]